... for this weekend at least. My tooth became progressively worse and after reading about all that can happen to it if left untreated, I sought out the wisest option and went in for the operation this morning. For anyone who has ever had tooth problems, you feel my pain. I was put under, so that was fun... when I woke up I was so blurry that I told B that I saw two outlets instead of one on the wall and that I had three feet, lol. Ofcourse I don't remember saying that. Good news is that the infection was not as bad as the x ray had hinted, nothing needed to be sent off to the lab for testing (whew, saved $400), however I am absolutely not going to be able to race tomorrow. I am taking some nice hard painkillers in addition to my anti biotics, not to mention the swollen cheek.
I'm pretty sad about all this, but health comes first, and teeth are to be taken seriously, so racing on a fresh wound would be foolish to say the least, as it could cause a dry socket (super painful) and probable heart damage. So, I am out of tomorrow's race. We all go through it, I am lucky that this won't be long term and I will be able to compete next weekend up in Oregon in a race I am pretty excited about. Plus I get to see the fam for a bit. The doc said easy exercise is possible as early as tomorrow, and having sat still all day, I will probably venture outside at some point. Best of luck to all racing, it's going to be a perfect day for it!
2 comments:
Man Uli, that sounded bad. I'm glad you gotten it taken care of, that was smart. You were missed out there yesterday but you'll do great in Oregon.
Glad you got that taken car of, phew! Sounded nasty. So did you race this wekeend? Hope it went well.
Post a Comment