Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Boise Photos

Here are a few shots from the trip and the race. The pics don't really do the weather justice, except for the one of the closeup of the road. I have also had a few days to reflect on my performance, and although it wasn't what I had hoped for, I gained some experience and learned a few lessons, which will only help me in the next race. And overall, given the conditions, it wasn't THAT bad. :-) I am still figuring out why 5 days after the race my calves are still as sore as the day after, but I am hoping that by tomorrow I will feel a difference. With the rainiest race out of the way, it can only get sunnier from here on!

We encountered some interesting weather onn the way to Boise...
That is hail. We were about 4mi from a tornado

Pristine Lucky Peak Rez race afternoon
Right before it started pouring, about 5min into ride
This is what most of the bike leg was like
About to enter a flooded underpass somewhere on the run
Soaked and finished.
B holding on during the run.
Happy and delirious.and wet.
Very proud of this trooper!

Welcome home! Upon entering Colorado...

1 comment:

Leah said...

Wow. That is epic! Congrats on gutting it out despite the conditions. And huge congrats to your mom!