Well I got to the res and the dirt road was still covered in snow- hard, 'iced over in spots' snow. I know my trusty Adidas Bostons aren't the best for slippery conditions but hoped I wouldn't slide. Turns out the road had a foot wide exposed shoulder of dirt I was able to run on, until I got to 39th Street leading up to Nelson Road. That's where the muddy fun started. I caked myself in a thick layer of it and probably weighed 5 lbs more at the end of the run than when I started out. I had to snap some pics as my collection of grime was too impressive to not show off.
It even caught the eye of two envious cyclists who were trying to get dirty by riding their cross bikes around the res. One gave me props for getting "dirrty". Um... thanks? All in all, I ran around like that for 22.5mi before I stopped and it all started itching real bad. Maybe I could make it the latest beauty trend? "Mud-caked skin, better than a chemical peel." hahaha.
3 comments:
eeegads that's a lot of mud. and 22 miles? yowzers! good for you, looks like all systems are go for RNR AZ? Thanks for the heads up about the Rez, guess I'll run on pavement today.
sounds like a glorious mess! Yes, I'm an editor at Women's Health magazine. Publishing is a tough field and very stressful! But isn't everything, I guess? :)
I love you're "Um, thanks?" comment. I hope we "run" into each other in AZ! You're going to do awesome.
Post a Comment