I realized it's been a month since my last posting, I guess I've been pretty busy training :) It's April, I am another year older (and this year, a decade, but who's counting :)) and triathlon race season is just around the corner for me. I have decided to make New Orleans 70.3 my opening race of the season, which is 3 weeks before (drumroll please) Ironman St. George, UT. Yes, you read that right, I decided to take part in the toughest Ironman in North America (so they claim) this May. With only 7 weeks till race day from when I had the bright idea, I have been doing some diligent long course training over the past few weeks. Luckily, my run doesn't need too much work, after already having done two open marathons this year, but I am focusing on getting in plenty of hill work because rumor has it, the run at St. George will be even tougher than the bike.
Brooke and I heading up the Canyon.
Today marked the first time this year that I rode up in the mountains; it was a great day with temps topping out at around 80 degrees, and plenty of head and cross winds to go with it. There were about 6 of us making the ride up to the town of Raymond at 9000 ft, and it was a toughie, as it always is the first time. Everyone hung tough though and I managed to stay on my bike despite swerving wildly about on the screaming descents down through the town of Ward. Someday I will master those winds! Here's a little video B took, that makes it look like we are riding really fast- uphill :) Although hard to understand because of the CRAZY winds (!) ignore that comment at the end, hahaha.
I am pretty excited about this early season Ironman and my racing this year. It's going to be a great one, I can feel it! My training has been going well and I feel more ready than ever to make this my best year yet. New sponsors are listed on the right here as well as on my website. Please check them out! It's never easy being a newer pro and trying to rally up support. I am very grateful for the support I have this year. Final sponsors to be added shortly, so stay tuned :) A complete schedule for the season is posted on my website as well.
Thanks for reading and Happy Spring!
Riding on Peak to Peak Hwy in shorts with snow on the sides- love it :)
2 comments:
That is a fun ride-and it was gorgeous yesterday, minus that wind.
Sounds like you have an awesome season ahead of you.
YAY! For new sponsors!
Post a Comment