At the start I was the lone Elite Female which left me with two choices: either I sit back and relax since I had no one to beat me, or I go hard and try to keep up as best as I could with the Elite Men (there were about 15 of them) I chose the second option and ended up redlining the entire event, which also consisted of 2 3mile runs.
Although I raced the whole event alone against myself, I ended up with the day's fastest run splits and second fastest bike split. It was pretty cold at the start and windier as the race went along. Definitely a character builder. Because of the cold I wasn't sure what to wear and went with borrowing Brandon's compression socks to keep my legs warm. Turns out my legs must have really liked the socks because they didn't feel beat up like they usually do after a duathlon. Must be something to those funny looking things after all:)
HERE are the results and a few race photos c/o fotojack and Jax, who came out to cheer :)




2 comments:
Congrats on a good race at the Barkin Dog. I was out there as well, a little chilly for May 8th; but that has been our spring so far.
Where were all your competitors at? I was surprised to see that you were the only female elite entered.
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great race! Love your new kits too. :)
Post a Comment