Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Team Sport Beans/NTTC Team Camp

Last weekend I traveled to lovely California (once again) for the annual Team Sport Beans/NTTC Team Camp, held at the Jelly Belly factory World HQ in Fairfield, CA. The days were fun filled with various team/media activities and getting to know my team mates and sponsors. I got to tour the Jelly Belly factory and learn the ins and outs of how a jellybean is made (trust me, it's a 1-3 week process, no joke!) and pretty much feel like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!
Team newbies (Jessica, Nicholas and I) on the JB factory floor, complete in hairnets and lab coats!

Training was usually done early in the morning and I even stepped on the treadmill once or twice... Our last night as a team was spent having delicious dinner and wine at the Vezer Family Vineyards, followed by some serious games of bocce ball; where, I must say, I am naturally gifted at! (some might say otherwise, ha) We also took our team photo at the vineyards, which turned out pretty nice!

Vezer Family Vineyards- it was that beautiful!


The team is going to be working with a variety of great sponsors this year and I am excited to be represent them all in my racing throughout the year. They include Sport Beans, blueseventy, Rudy Project, Pactimo (team apparel), Flex Power. I will also again be supported by K-Swiss for my run footwear and training apparel. As for my bike sponsor, it's still in the works, but it will be a good one, so stay tuned!

2010 Team- from left to right: Nicholas Thompson, yours truly, Daniel Bretscher, Mark Wendley (team director), Lauren Jensen, Jessica Jones-Meyers, Jessica Jacobs, Ben Hoffman and Brad Seng

1 comment:

Christi said...

Beautiful pictures!