Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blizzard, Sun and 60 degrees, Blizzard

... seems to be the pattern here lately. I know March is supposed to be the snowiest month for Colorado, but I want to refuse to believe it. Because a) it's spring and b) March is so close to race season and when it snows it just puts a damper on things and makes everything seem like winter again, which to me, is depressing :(

So here we are again in the midst of yet another blizzard. Let me take you through a typical Boulder day in Spring Storm season:
Beginning of ride, sun!


2 hrs later...


and we're back to the white stuff...

We are expecting up to 20 inches with this one, no joke! I luckily get to escape the weather on Thursday for a few days to head to Birmingham, Ala. for Powerman, which I am very excited for! It was a total last minute decision and *someone* surprised me with a free plane ticket (using their own air miles) to go race. Now all I can really do is rest up (hello, it's blizzarding outside) and hope to make my plane on Thursday!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I hate the snow also but at least you get to escape it for awhile. Good luck on the race! I willo be rooting for you!