Christmas was relaxing and we got some workouts in here and there, mostly runs. Running on Whidbey Island is hard! It is a constant up and down and I have alot of respect for my mom who has to endure this on a daily basis. I now understand it makes sense to get a treadmill just to get some "easy" flat runs in, which I certainly took advantage of! The few swims I did get in really made me appreciate where I swim here in Boulder :) Lets just say that sharing a lane with 2 other people who are all different speeds is not the most effective way to swim. but we made it work.
B and I left my mom's Tuesday at noon to head back to CO by car. I am not sure how much longer my little bug will make it so we took the opportunity to adopt a family car which is no longer used. We estimated that the 22hr trip could be split up into 2 10 hr drives, spread out over 2 days. Well we got to OR the first night in the midst of a blizzard that was affecting the entire state, but luckily we weren't part of the "lucky" few who used their GPS's to get lost completely in the snow. We weathered a few more interesting fog/snow/ice situations as we drove across ID, UT and WY and finally entered CO on the night of the 3rd day of driving, Thursday, NYE! Needless to say we were useless and pretty much asleep before midnight. But home at last!
Unfortunately, my body wasn't too happy about all the sitting and zero exercise we got over the 3 days of driving, and I could literally feel my butt seize up from sitting on it for 12 hrs a day. Well I paid the price a few days later as my S.I. joint seized up in my right pelvic area. Since I have dealt with SI joint problems before, I knew enough not to push it and think I have hopefully stepped back and taken care of the issue before it got out of control. In the past this has meant 5-6 weeks of no running and hobbling around in pain, hopefully I can be on my merry way in a few days. My spring marathon is questionable if I can't run soon, so we shall see. With some treatment from Lisa, an old friend who runs her own business here in Boulder (www.lifesportchiro.com), I hope to be running again soon. My runs are like my coffee- I need them to function properly!
Hope everyone had a good holiday and is enjoying the new decade!
5 comments:
I hope you recover soon! Great pics!
I hope you're feeling better by now. Those pictures were great. Your mom lives in such a neat place.
Do you remember what kind of treadmill she had? I'm thinking of getting one sometime over the next year.
Happy 2010!
Wow, that area of WA looks gorgeous. Your mom has a lt of exercise equipment too. Glad you guys made it back safely-the one of you both smiling in the car is funny.
I swim at the new CAC. I love it, except for said person. Yes, let's get some rides in soon!
Wow, that area of WA looks gorgeous. Your mom has a lt of exercise equipment too. Glad you guys made it back safely-the one of you both smiling in the car is funny.
I swim at the new CAC. I love it, except for said person. Yes, let's get some rides in soon!
P.S. Hope your SI joint gets better-I deal with that injury from time to time and it is NOT fun.
Post a Comment