Just finished watching the men's marathon (including commercial breaks every 4 minutes) and wow, what a race! 2 21 year olds to medal! First place beat OR by 3 minutes, which stood for 24 years! Top 2 Americans did well too! The conditions were less than favorable for these guys, as the temps hovered in the upper 80s with high levels of humidity. Kona, anyone? Anyways, again so inspiring to watch. The effortless running forms are incredible, but when you are 112 lbs, as was the winner, then I guess you just kind of float.
I went out on my longest ride to date, on a whim. Wasn't planning on riding more than 90mi, but we all know how it goes when you are so close. I arrived back at my doorstep with 93 miles and planned on doing 7 more. At this point I was out of fluids, so I hobbled upstairs to grab some Coke, which at that point was desperately needed, and was off once more on 36 to complete my ride. It ended up being closer to 110mi, with a mini run after. we shall see how the body feels tomorrow.It's time to get in the pool again...
BTW, watching diving, doesn't it just hurt like hell to cut the water like they do? I guess that's why their wrists are always taped. I could never, ever do something like that. (10m platform looks scary as hell, I once as a kid jumped off of it and didn't point my toes when entering the water- ouch!) Trading less than 10 seconds for more than 10 hours instead.
1 comment:
Just got caught up on your blog/life. Wow! You have been busy lately. Glad you got some quality workouts in on vacation and way to knock out that century+ ride this weekend. I agree that the hills aren't that bad here in Colorado...it just seems that way sometimes with the altitude I guess. Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment