
With our scorching summer here so far, I myself find it hard to digest alot of solid foods, and even harder to replace the lost calories expended during hours of exercise every day. I know I need to be better about that. But in the mean time, if you are like me and crave lots of fruits and smoothies in this ridiculous heat, here is a yummy recipe passed onto me. I am usually not that much of a Cantaloupe fan, but this mix is just delicious and soooo healthy and good for ya!
You just need:
- 1 whole Cantaloupe (will yield about two big servings)
- some plain or vanilla yogurt, 1 cup
- ice cubes
- mint leaves (these are an important touch!)
- honey (optional for added sweetness)
Just throw everything in the blender, mix well and voila, you have an excellent smoothie! Serve in glasses and top with a straw to sip.
Research has shown that Cantaloupe actually is the perfect post workout/race recovery food as it acts as a natural anti inflammatory, much like pineapple.
Here are its list of vitamins:
Vitamin C
Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)
Potassium
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Folate
Dietary Fiber
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
So if you are like me and don't care too much for eating the fruit, drink it!
1 comment:
YUM! Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for more "hot weather" foods. Although hot, cold, windy, rainy...I never have trouble eating!
P.S. What's folate?!
Post a Comment